After four regular weeks and one hack week after Alpha 2, we are very happy to announce openSUSE 11.0 Alpha 3.
See more screenshots on the Screenshots/openSUSE_11.0_Alpha3 wiki page
Changes since openSUSE 11.0 Alpha 2
A lot of packages were also updated to newer versions:
This is just the tip of the iceberg. There were 1855 checkins since Alpha2 – you can get a more complete list at Factory/News
Most Annoying Bugs
Due to the huge amount of changes, there are also quite a few bugs that slipped in:
- The kernel OOPSes early in the installation on hardware probe on some hardware (Bug #371997)
- Workaround: boot with hwprobe=-parallel,-misc.par [including VirtualBox]
- “Use Automatic Configuration” checkbox is highly experimental, this feature is not yet finished.
- the root password will be “*****” by default, feel free to change it
- network startup is racy (Bug #359793)
- the artwork is not yet complete (e.g. Bug #368624)
Find an up-to-date list under Bugs:Most_Annoying_Bugs_11.0_dev
Media and Download
We created the same media as with Alpha 2. They can all be downloaded at software.openSUSE.org/developer:
- i386 live CDs for GNOME and KDE
- x86_64 and i386 one CD for GNOME and KDE
- DVD for ppc, x86_64 and i386
- language addon CD
- non-oss addon CD
The next development release will be openSUSE 11.0 Beta 1 on April 17th (Roadmap).
Both comments and pings are currently closed.