With RC2 for openSUSE 10.3 the openSUSE-Education project starts the last testing phase before we release the final version of openSUSE-Education 1.0 for openSUSE 10.3. At this point, the only things left for the release is fixing possible bugs in the current packages and working on the documentation.
In contrast to the normal release work-flow, we updated many packages and even added new ones to the media. Below is an incomplete list of changes with this release:
- all KDE4 packages are updated to 4.0.3
- For the first time, we've LTSP 5 packages (and a pattern)! Many thanks to cyberorg and kiwi: now you can easily install an openSUSE terminal server!
- NetBeans 6.0.1 was added
- Gambas2 and Tipp10 as well
- With Phun we now have a funny 2D physics sandbox
- and with k3dsurf a program to visualize and manipulate Mathematical models in three, four, five and six dimensions.
- iTALC was updated to 1.0.7 and adapted to integrate better in openSUSE
- with wine-doors it should be much easier to install Windows Software on openSUSE
- tuxpaint (incl. tuxpaint-config and tuxpaint-stamps) made an update leap
- Additional packages with new versions:
A detailed change log can be found here.
Media and Download
As a result of the size, we decided to ship three ISO images instead of one:
- openSUSE-Education-1.0-for-10.3-i386-RC2.iso => for (normal) 32bit PCs
- openSUSE-Education-1.0-for-10.3-x86_64-RC2.iso => for 64bit PCs
- openSUSE-Education-1.0-for-10.3-SOURCES-RC2.iso => contains the source RPMs (if you don't know what this means, you don't need it ;-) )
Feedback and Communication
Please get in touch with us to tell us of any problems or just to tell us what you think.
- For all bugs, please use the bug tracker on the openSUSE-Education website
- Mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org (subscribe)
- IRC: #opensuse-edu on irc.freenode.net
Both comments and pings are currently closed.