We have some open student positions for the next few months to work on various aspects of the openSUSE infrastructure. If you’re interested, please apply at email@example.com. Additionally we have a full-time position open that I’d like to mention as well.
Student, Practical – users.opensuse.org Enhancements
The users.opensuse.org website has been started as central place of the openSUSE project for user provided information. We’d like to enhance it in several ways:
users.opensuse.org has some initial support for membership management and we’d like to enlarge this:
- coupling with hermes for notifications
- adding comment fields for members (for voting purpose and for reject message)
- for each board member a separate voting queue
Further enhancements include:
- openID integration
- upload of gpg keys
users.opensuse.org is implemented in Ruby on Rails.
Student, Practical – lists.opensuse.org Enhancements
lists.opensuse.org is the mailserver of the openSUSE project and we need some overhaul in various areas:
- Port lists.opensuse.org layout to new openSUSE theme (simple HTML/CSS work)
- Support UTF in search engine (Mostly perl, some C and packaging)
- Various smaller tasks including:
- simplify and fix up various bash scripts
- documentation of the setup
- porting the whole system to new hardware
General information for the above two positions
The openSUSE team is looking for students to implement these enhancements. We’d like to offer a job for up to two months. Most of the team you’ll be working with is located in Nuernberg, Germany. We would like to have candidates working from Nuernberg but are open to other setups as well.
- Studies of computer sciences or related fields, or experience at this level
- Programming skills include Ruby on Rails (for users.o.o)
- Knowledge of server administration and technologies (for lists.o.o)
- Good English communication and writing skills
- Passion for Linux and Open Source
- Good team player
- Quick learner, openness and enthusiasm
Please send your full set of application documents, indicating the position you are interested in, expected salary level and possible entry date via e-mail. Or feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is located in our Prague office as part of our Packagers team, full details are available here:
Both comments and pings are currently closed.