The openSUSE-Education Add On for openSUSE 11.0 is ready! Big steps compared to the 10.3 release:
- Better LTSP integration: now Easy-LTSP helps you to configure your whole LTSP server with one graphical tool and the clients can run local applications like Firefox to save resources on the LTSP server.
- Many package updates and new applications (the repository contains >1300 packages now!) – please have a look at the current patterns on your local machine to see the big improvement.
- Direct integration into the community repositories – with “Education” being part of the “YaST2 – Software Repositories” module the online repository is just one click away.
- Separate online update repository: if you like, just enable the education update repository to get the latest updates of your education applications.
- Complete new structure for the development of the next openSUSE-Education releases. Please have a look at the mailing list to get a short overview.
You can either download the ISO image from here:
Or add the online repository as installation source:
http://www.opensuse-education.org/download/repo/1.0/11.0/ (Note: Please re-add it if you’ve added it before – just delete the current repository via YaST and re-add it.)
A delta-iso against RC1 (240MB) is also available.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.