A quick status update on openSUSE 11.1 beta 3. The DVD installation ISOs were not complete by Friday night, and only the x86 live CDs have built correctly — the x86_64 images are too large to fit on CD-R media. Building the distro was not finished until end of business (EOB) Nuremberg time.
The team will try another test build Monday morning and see what the state of the build is. If those work well, we should be able to push out a release Tuesday. Otherwise beta 4 will be delayed further and we will provide further updates.
We’re sorry for the delays, but we are more interested in pushing out a usable beta 3 release than rushing something out the door that isn’t suitable for widespread testing.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.