We are pleased to announce the openSUSE Board Election 2010! The Election Committee this year is staffed by:
The Committee has prepared the timeline for this year’s election. As last year the election process consists of 3 phases:
Dezember 1st, 2010 (Phase 0)
- Announcement of the openSUSE Board election 2010.
- Start of 5 week period to apply for an openSUSE membership (in order to vote).
- Start of 5 week phase to stand for a position in the openSUSE Board or nominate another opensuse member for the board.
January 4th, 2011 
- Notification of intent to run, and application for an openSUSE membership close (end of phase 0).
January 5th, 2011 (Phase 1) 
- Start of 1 week campaign for the candidates before the ballots open (campaign can continue until ballots close).
January 12th, 2011 (Phase 2) 
- Ballots open
January 26th, 2011 
- Ballots close (end of phase 2)
- Announcement of the results
All phases start and end on the given dates at 12:00 UTC. For an overview what time this is in different timezones use the links above.
Seats to get elected
In this election we will have 2 seats to get elected, as the election period of Pascal Bleser and Henne Vogelsang ends. We will probably also get a new chairman, as Michael LÃ¶ffler will leave as well.
So in this election the openSUSE community elects two new members.
With the existing company affiliations in the board (Pavol – Novell, Bryen – none, Rupert – openSLX) the restraint is that at most one of the additional elected persons can be affiliated with Novell and one with openSLX.