This years openSUSE Election Committee is in the pleasant position to announce the 2011 Board Elections.
So, if you want to participate in the openSUSE board and influence the future direction of the project please stand up and announce your candidacy. If you want to vote for the candidates, please make sure your openSUSE membership is approved. If you are a contributor of openSUSE but you are not a member yet, apply for membership now and be a part of the changes to come.
October 28, 2011 - Start of standing up for candidacy, apply for membership
- Announcement of the openSUSE Board election 2011.
- Start to apply for an openSUSE membership (in order to vote).
- Start to stand up for a position in the openSUSE Board or nominate another opensuse member for the board.
November 25, 2011 - Start of campaign
- Announcing the candidates of this years election
December 2, 2011 – Ballots open
December 16, 2011 – Ballots close – End of voting
December 19, 2011 – Announcement of the results
- Announcing the results and new board members
Seats to get elected
In this election we will have three seats to get elected, as the election period of three board seats will be up for election. These seats are currently held by Rupert Horstkotter, Pavol Rusnak, and Bryen Yunashko. Of these three, only Pavol Rusnak is available to get re-elected.
Call for candidates and nominations
If you intend to run for the board or have any questions, please contact the Election Committee by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, if you want to nominate somebody else, tell the election officials and they will contact the nominated person and ask whether s/he is willing to run for the board.
What is the openSUSE Board?
The openSUSE board consists of five members elected by the community and one chair person appointed by SUSE. It was setup to lead the overall project. It’s main tasks are:
- Act as a central point of contact
- Help resolve conflicts
- Communicate community interests to SUSE
- Facilitate communication with all areas of the community
- Facilitate decision making processes where needed.
The Election Committee this year is staffed by the following volunteers:
- Izabel Valverde
- James Mason
- Kai-Uwe Behrmann
- Kostas Koudaras
- Thomas Schmidt
Both comments and pings are currently closed.