The openSUSE Conference 2014 will happen in Dubrovnic, Croatia. The TSP goal is to help everybody in and around openSUSE to be able to come to the openSUSE Conference! You don’t have to be one of the top 10 packagers to apply – if you’re translating, building a local community or helping out at the forums, we might still be able to offer you some support, so apply!
When and how
The application period started February 20th and closes on February 28th. All requests will be managed through our application at http://connect.opensuse.org/travel-support.
You will need an openSUSE Connect account in order to log in and apply for sponsorship.
A few reminders
- Please, read the Travel Support wiki page http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Travel_Support_Program carefully
before you apply. We want everybody to be there! Even if you think you would not qualify for travel support, just submit a request! If you don’t ask we can’t help you!
- The Travel Committee can reimburse up to 80% of travel and/or lodging costs. That includes plane ticket, train or bus tickets, even car gas on some occasions, and/or hotel/hostel costs.
Remember: Food and all local expenses are on you!
- The Travel Team won’t be able to book or pay anything in advance, reimbursement comes after the event is over, based on your receipts expenses. Again: no receipts = no money – it’s the rule!
- Those sponsored by the Travel Support Team will be welcomed to write a blog or report about the event.
- The TSP expects the sponsored to be available for helping with tasks at the Conference. Please, in any way step in.
- Sponsorship decisions are influenced by the openSUSE history of the requester. Your involvement with openSUSE is really relevant!
- Having an abstract submitted for presentation at the conference is relevant. Note that the CfP ends on February 28th so there is
still time https://conference.opensuse.org/osem/
- If you got support before and complied with all the requirements, this gets you bonus points too.
- The amount requested must be detailed according to your request, like the airport you will be departing from, sharing hotel/hostel rooms, all the costs associated with your trip.
- Try to get the best fare for tickets and lodging. Remember if you are approved at least 20% or more will be paid by you.
Our goal is to support as many people as possible. We will attempt to send the approvals before March 5th, 2014 then you can start to book.
Remember, the request can not garantee you’ll be sponsored.
The conference is getting close and the deadline for travel support is tight so start searching for flights right now! Set up your openSUSE Connect account and send in a request as soon as possible!
Hope to see you there!
Your Travel Support Team