Just a few hours before openSUSE 11.0 is officially released! Here we’ll take a look at GNOME in openSUSE 11.0, and talk to Vincent Untz, openSUSE developer and a member of the GNOME Foundation Board.
Archive for June 18th, 2008
Good things come to those who wait: I think we’ve waited long enough to release the first openSUSE-Education version for openSUSE 10.3.
For those without permanent Internet connection, we’ve created a DVD ISO which can be downloaded here:
To give new users a hint how to install the DVD, we’ve created PDFs in english, german and italian language containing all needed information and in addition some descriptions for LTSP, GCompris, iTalc and Tuxpaint. We want to reuse existing wiki articles for this in 11.0 and add these descriptions also to the Helpcenter. The PDFs are also available in the documentation directory of the DVD.
Issue #27 of openSUSE Weekly News is now out!
In this weekâ€™s issue:
- HOT! Upcoming o p e n S U S E 1 1 . 0
- People of openSUSE: Rupert HorstkÃ¶tter
- Sneak Peeks at openSUSE 11.0: KDE with Stephan Binner
- Tips and Tricks: Jigish Gohil: Getting NVIDIA and ATI drivers on openSUSE 11.0
- Planet SUSE: Ben Kevan: Why upgrade to openSUSE 11 from openSUSE 10.x