oSC17 is just around the corner, and if you want to be part of making it awesome you can now sign up to become a volunteer!
Volunteers are invaluable to conferences, and they play a major role in creating a pleasant conference atmosphere for attendees.
We need volunteers to help out with various things throughout the conference, such as:
- Help at the registration desk, which involves:
- welcoming people at the conference and marking them as attended
- help people find what they are looking for (rooms, toilet, bus stop, etc.)
- assist people with the schedule, and direct them to the next available session (keynote, workshop, etc)
- provide people with a t-shirt and urge them to put on a name tag
- handle incidents that might come up
- Help with speakers by making sure that:
- speakers know where they need to be before their talk
- there is a bottle of water and glasses at the speaker desk
- speakers upload their presentation and make the link public in OSEM
- Help setup everything on Friday morning, and tear down on Sunday evening
Volunteers will receive an instructions sheet, as well as a short briefing. Please be available at the registration desk 15-30 minutes prior to the time you are scheduled to volunteer.
Make sure to fill out the volunteers form, so that we know we can count on your help!
- Check out all about the conference: https://events.opensuse.org/conference/oSC17
- Prior to signing up as a volunteer, don’t forget to check the schedule for talks/workshops you are interested in: https://events.opensuse.org/conference/oSC17/schedule
See you soon at oSC17, 26-28 May 2017!