The openSUSE.Asia Committee call for proposals for openSUSE.Asia Summit 2019 is now open.
openSUSE.Asia Summit is one of the great events for openSUSE community (i.e., both contributors and users) in Asia. Those who usually communicate online can get together from all over the world, talk face to face, and have fun. Members of the community will share their most recent knowledge, experiences, and learn FLOSS technologies surrounding openSUSE.
Following the Asia Summit in Taipei last year, the sixth openSUSE.Asia Summit year 2019 will be at Udayana University, Bali Indonesia on October 5th and 6th, 2019. The past Asia Summits have had participants from Indonesia, China, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, India, Nepal, and etc.
Call for proposals
The speakers are eligible to receive sponsorship from openSUSE Travel Support Program (TSP). Even if you live away from Bali, please consider applying for the event.
openSUSE.Asia Summit 2019 will invite talks/workshop relevant to openSUSE and other topics like Cloud, Virtualization, Container, Container Orchestration, Linux desktop environments and applications since openSUSE is a collection of various FLOSS products. The examples of the topics (not limited to) are as the following:
- openSUSE (including Leap, Tumbleweed, Open Build Services, OpenQA, YaST)
- openSUSE Kubic, Cloud, Virtualization, Container, and Container Orchestration
- Embedded and IoT
- Linux kernel and file system
- Security (Access/Integrity control, Cryptography, Vulnerability management)
- Desktop environments and applications (e.g. GNOME, KDE, XFCE)
- Office suite, graphic art, multimedia (e.g. LibreOffice, Calligra, GIMP, Inkscape)
- Multilingualization support (e.g. input methods, translation)
- Other software running on openSUSE