After quite a few rebuilds and testing, the openSUSE team is happy to announce that RC1 looks brilliant and is now available for download. We consider this release to be feature complete, stable, and suitable for testing from any user. For more information on the release schedule, take a look at the Roadmap.
For more screenshots, head over to openSUSE.org/Screenshots/openSUSE_10.3
- libzypp 3.24
- Virtualbox 1.5
- OpenOffice.org 2.3
- Countless bug fixes in every component: 535 bugs RESOLVED/FIXED
- 485 packages submitted
A more detailed list of changes is available via http://en.opensuse.org/Factory/News.
Most Annoying Bugs
* Online update opens an annoying popup with the progress. We’ll prepare an online update for it, so it will only affect the first update (Bug #326247)
* On some machines we have problems with the kernel and ACPI – investigating, more data would be helpful
* GNOME is not yet final – we will update this right after RC1 and prepare a RC2. This one will be made internally, but you can get the update through Factory
* 32bit PPC machines have a problem with dependencies that try to install 64bit RPMs.
We’ll keep Bugs:Most_Annoying_Bugs_10.3_dev updated as we go.
Call for Testing
There is no focus area, so please use the product and file bug reports as if it was final and you wanted to use it for real.
Please note that the live CDs will contain an installer, but that installer is still under development, so you can test it, but be more careful than with the normal install.
Media and Download
openSUSE 10.3 RC1 for i386, x86-64 and ppc is available as different media sets. All can be downloaded at software.openSUSE.org/developer. Here’s the run-down:
- 1 DVD containing OSS and NonOSS software (torrents for: i386, x86_64, ppc). Languages supported: English, Portuguese, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Chinese (Simpl. & Trad.), Japanese, Russian, Czech, Hungarian, Polish, Finnish, Danish, Swedish, Dutch
- 1 CD with a default KDE installation (i386, x86_64, not for ppc, English only)
- 1 CD with a default GNOME installation (i386, x86_64, not for ppc, English only)
- 1 AddOn CD with only NonOSS packages (i386 or x86_64, ppc)
- 1 AddOn CD with language packages that are used for extra languages (i386, x86_64, ppc, only to be used with DVDs!)
- DVD containing the sources corresponding to the media
- 1 Live CD for both KDE and GNOME (i386)
Comments, Feedback and Helping
Please report all bugs you find on in our bugzilla as explained on http://bugs.opensuse.org; discussion is most appropriate on the email@example.com (subscribe) mailing list. For other queries and ways to communicate with the openSUSE community — including IRC, Mailing Lists, and Forums — take a look at the Communicate wiki page.
The next planned release is the openSUSE 10.3 final release, on the Thursday, 4th October! However, when you look back on your career, you will be more satisfied if you know you made a difference in the https://proessaywriting.org/ world
Both comments and pings are currently closed.