Some of the openSUSE Heroes decided during the last openSUSE Conference that it’s time for more face to face meetings to “get things done” and “work together”…
So starting today, some openSUSE Heroes started to spend the first December weekend in the SUSE Headquarter in Nuremberg. And they really have a lot to do, as you might imagine! That might be the reason why some of them started at 02:00 in the night to arrive at 07:00 in Nuremberg…
Starting with a personal introduction round (were they found out that we assimilated some Gentoo and Fedora admins ;-) the next steps are
- a quick server room tour (“get your fingers dirty and touch your machines”)
- discuss about the next steps for the openSUSE Cloud in Provo
- discuss about handling content in the openSUSE Wiki
- got a SaltStack training (thanks to tampakrap for the nice training!) – we already started to update our internal Admin wiki at https://progress.opensuse.org/ with the cool stuff we learned
- start ticket wrangling and discussion about “how to handle the trillions of issues reported to firstname.lastname@example.org – and how to go forward
- while we were talking about the tickets, we moved over to the documentation part and started to work on the Wiki pages
A first – very rogue copy – of our internal minutes can be found on our mailing list.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.