The openSUSE Project has two seats for this year’s openSUSE board elections.
Phase 0 has begun and candidates who have an interest in running for the board will need to notify their intent to run by Jan. 1.
Membership Window Open
The window for openSUSE membership is also open. Apply for membership during a three-week window and be a part of directing outcomes in the project.
Only members elect representatives to serve on the openSUSE Board for a 24 months term.
openSUSE board members influence the future direction of the project, so if any openSUSE member knows a member they would like to serve on the board, they should contact the election officials to propose the candidate.
The two seats are currently held by Kosta Koudaras and Michal Hrusecky, who are both eligible to run for reelection.
Richard Brown, the openSUSE Board chairman, the current board and the openSUSE Election Committee extended all current board member terms by one month due to scheduling, but the process for electing openSUSE representatives to serve on the board has officially begun.
The committee for this election is Martin Pluskal.
Only openSUSE members have the right to run for a board seat, except if they are on the Election Committee. To stand for a position on the openSUSE board, please send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Phase 0 (Dec. 8) Initial
- Announcement of the openSUSE Board elections for 2017.
- Three-week period to apply for an openSUSE membership (in order to vote or candidate).
- Three-week phase to stand for a position in the openSUSE Board.
- By Jan. 1, interested persons who qualify must give notification of intent to run and application for an openSUSE membership close.
Phase 1 (Jan. 2) Campaign
- Start of 4 week campaign for the candidates before the ballots open (campaign might be done until ballots close).
Phase 2 (Jan. 21) Vote!
- Ballots open: Please cast your vote!
- Ballots close on Feb. 1 (end of phase 2)
Results (Feb. 2)
- Announcement of the results
To learn more about the election details and applying for membership, visit the following wiki pages:
Both comments and pings are currently closed.