As we continue to work towards making this years conference the best ever, there’s one cool new thing we’ve never done before: Introducing the openSUSE Conference App for your Android phone. With this app you’ll be able to:
- Look at the daily timetable of sessions
- Read the abstracts for each session
- Mark the ones you want to attend and/or set an alarm to remind you
- Get a refreshed version of the schedule whenever you want
With a small space footprint this app won’t make a dent on your phone but it will make a great impact on your conference experience! And with free wi-fi at the venue, you’ll be able to sync your app even when you’re too far away from your home calling area.
Some user experience tips for you:
- Swipe left and right to see different room schedules
- Long-hold down on a session to mark the session and/or set your alarm notification
- Hit the refresh button at least once a day to get any updated schedule changes
Hope you’ll find the application useful, get it from the market! It’s courtesy of our very own Pavol Rusnak and Tom Schmidt and open-sourced code originally written by Daniel Dorau. See you in September!