The Travel Support Program (TSP) provides travel sponsorships to openSUSE community who want to attend the openSUSE.Asia Summit and need financial assistance. openSUSE.Asia Summit 2019 will be in Bali, Indonesia, at Information Technology Department, Faculty of Engineering, Udayana University on October 5 and 6.
The goal of the TSP is to help everybody in and around openSUSE to be able to attend the openSUSE.Asia Summit!
When and how
Requests for the TSP for this year’s openSUSE.Asia Summit have until August 24 to submit their request.
Remember: All requests will be managed through the TSP application at http://connect.opensuse.org/travel-support.
You will need an openSUSE Connect account in order to login to the application and apply for sponsorship. Please be sure to fulfill all of your personal details at openSUSE connect account to avoid delays or negative request. A good application with good information will be processed faster.
A few reminders
- Please read the TSP page carefully before you apply.
- Any information you send to the Travel Committee will be private.
- We want everybody there! Even if you think you would not qualify for the travel support, just submit and make it worth! If you don’t try you won’t get!
- If you submitted an abstract to be presented you should mention it in your application.
- The Travel Committee can reimburse up to 80% of travel and/or lodging costs. That includes hotel, hostel, plane,train, bus, even gas for those willing to drive. Remember, no taxi!
- Important: Food and all local expenses are on you!
- We want to sponsor as many people as possible so please check the best deal.
- The Travel Committee won’t be able to book or pay anything in advance. The reimbursement will be done after the event finishes and based on your expenses receipts.
- no receipts = no money It is the rule! (Original receipts are required from German residences.)
If you have any question regarding your trip to the conference do not hesitate to ask the TSP or openSUSE.Asia Summit organizers.
We hope to see you there!