openSUSE will have a t-shirt image and poster design contest for the openSUSE Conference 2019. Both contests are separate contests and have to meet certain requirements. Designers are encouraged to use open-source graphic editing software like Inkscape, Gimp or Krita.
The poster design contest has the following requirements:
- The poster design must be designed for a DIN-A2-size poster. The size of the poster is (width X height) 420 x 594 mm and should include a 2 mm margin on all sides.
- Posters should include the openSUSE Conference name, the date (May 24 – 26) and the location (Nuremberg, Germany) of the conference.
- The poster design must be an .svg, .png or .pdf format.
- The poster needs to be emailed to ddemaio (@) opensuse.org.
- The posters should be added to the Poster contest wiki page as a .png so people can view the design.
The T-Shirt Design Contest has the following requirements:
- The image(s) design for the t-shirt must be an .svg format.
- The image(s) needs to be emailed to ddemaio (@) opensuse.org.
- The image(s) should be added to the T-Shirt contest wiki page along with an example, which should show the image on a t-shirt. The color of the t-shirt for the example is the designer’s choice.
- The image(s) design must be a size that is able to be printed at the same size on small and 3XL tshirt. This means that designs can not be printed at the bottom, top or edges of the t-shirt and can not wrap around the t-shirt.
- Each design should not have more than two images, front and back.
- Must include the words openSUSE Conference in the design.
The contests begin Dec. 1 and have a deadline of Jan. 15. The winning design will be announced the week after the Jan. 15 deadline.