It is our great pleasure to announce that openSUSE.Asia Summit 2017 will take place at the University of Electro Communications, Tokyo, Japan on October 21 and 22.
openSUSE.Asia Summit is one of the great events for openSUSE community (i.e., both contributors, and users) in Asia. Those who usually communicate online can get together from all over the world, talk face to face, and have fun. Members of the community will share their most recent knowledge, experiences, and learn FLOSS technologies surrounding openSUSE.
This event at Tokyo is the fourth in openSUSE.Asia Summit. Following the first Asia Summit in Beijing 2014, the Asia Summit has been held annually. The second summit was at Taipei in Taiwan, then in Yogyakarta in Indonesia last year. The past Asia Summits have had participants from China, Taiwan, India, Indonesia, Japan, and Germany.
The goals of openSUSE.Asia Summit 2017 are
- Attracting more attention to openSUSE and developing community in Japan by bringing the enthusiasm of Asian community.
- Giving Asian community members opportunity to extend the area of their activities from their country/region to the whole world.
- Boosting openSUSE.Asia Summit to be a real Asian/global summit by inviting participants from other countries and regions.
Pre-announcement of call for proposals
openSUSE.Asia Summit 2017 will soon call for proposals of talks. There will be three kinds of talks: 30 minutes and 15 minutes oral presentations and 2 hours workshops.
- If you are not good at English, it works in the local language (Japanese).
- If you don’t live in Tokyo, you still have a chance to participate. The openSUSE Travel Support Program will offer up to 80% of your travel cost.
We will announce the details at //news.opensuse.org as soon as it is decided. Please prepare for your presentations and wait for it.
At the end
This event is one of the great opportunities for openSUSE community. See you in Tokyo — a center of Japanese economy and industry, with subcultures including manga and anime.
Have a lot of fun…