Everyone knows what really matters at a conference happens outside theÂ scheduled talks, right? The life of the openSUSE project happens when we get together, talk and plan, and this happens much faster face to face than on the mailing lists or forums. These Birds of a Feather (BoF) sessions are how we do this.
Team members within the openSUSE Project should take the opportunity the openSUSE Conference offers to sit down together and hash out their plans for future activity.
Get your team’s BoF Session at openSUSE Conference 2012 planned now!
- Enter your BoF into the openSUSE Wiki page here.Â There are 29 hour-long slots available in both venues over the four days of the conference, so there is plenty of time to talk.
- Plan your BoF. Agree an agenda, consult team members who are not attending oSC12 for input, and make sure the important things you want to do for upcoming openSUSE distribution releases or changes you would like to have in the project are on the list.
- Remind people who haven’t yet decided if they are coming to the conference.
- Announce your BoF on mailing lists – face to face meetings are the best way to turn interested conference visitors into new and motivated contributors.
- Nominate a BoF chair who will be responsible for running the session
- We recommend that you keep your BoF short and sweet – one or two hours, if you have a detailed agenda to work through in your team.
- Nominate someone to take minutes, and publish those minutes on the relevant meeting list and add them to the openSUSE wiki!
- Read more info and tips in this article
BoF sessions will take place in dedicated labs at the venues.
We look forward to seeing lots of you talking until your jaws ache!
Both comments and pings are currently closed.