The first openSUSE.Asia Summit will be held in Beijing, China in Oct, 2014. However, no Summit or Conference is successful without a symbol. The openSUSE Asia Summit organizing team is organizing a logo design contest. The best logo will be awarded with a special super secret Geeko Prize. The logo will be used for all promotional and marketing activities for the summit.
- We will accept only SVG format for original design. Both color and monochrome(black and white) version are required.
- The elements of your design should reflect the openSUSE community in Asia.
- Please note that there are some things should not be used in your design:
- No brand names or trademarks of any kind.
- No illustrations some may consider inappropriate, offensive, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- No sexually explicit or provocative images.
- No images of weapons or violence.
- No alcohol, tobacco, or drug use imagery.
- No designs which promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against groups or individuals; or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- No religious, political, or nationalist imagery.
- Your art work should comply with “openSUSE Project Trademark Guidelines” published at: https://en.opensuse.org/File:OpenSUSE_Trademark_Guidelines.pdf
- You should also agree that the openSUSE community have right to interpret the usage of the artwork.
- All your artwork will be licensed under CC-BY-SA 3.0.
A few simple guidelines can be found at:
Please send your design to email@example.com directly. It should contain the following:
- Vector file of the design in attachement, with svg format ONLY.
- Bitmap of design in attachment – image size: 256*256px at least. Format: png or jpg. Less than 512KB.
- Your name.
- Where are you working/studying now. (optional)
- Your phone number. (optional)
The contest is open from now until Aug 18, 2014. After that, the openSUSE.Asia team will filter all submitted designs and put the ones which meet the requirements to the website for voting.
- The final decision will be made by openSUSE.Asia Summit Committee. Please understand that the highest vote score of the design may not be designated as the final winner.
- To create your artwork, we recommend to use Inkscape, which is a powerful vector graphics tool for all kinds of design. It’s free and open sourced.
- The article has been updated after discussion with openSUSE Asia team regarding entry rules.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.