openSUSE Conference 2015
As you may already know, the Travel Support Program (TSP) provides travel sponsorships to openSUSE community who want to attend the openSUSE conference and need financial assistance. The openSUSE conference 2015 will held in the city of The Hague – Netherlands, from May 1st to May 5th.
The goal of the TSP is to help everybody in and around openSUSE to be able to go to the openSUSE Conference!
When and how
The application period will be opened from February 24th to March 5th. The approval results will be done by TSP App on March 9th and the sponsoship acception must to be done until March 12th. In case the requester doesn’t Approve the sponsorship the amount will be given for the next on the waiting list.
Remember: All requests will be managed through the TSP application at http://connect.opensuse.org/travel-support.
You will need an openSUSE Connect account in order to log in the application and apply for sponsorship. Please be sure to fullfil all of your personal details at openSUSE connect account to avoid delays or negative request. A good application with good information will be processed faster.
A few reminders
- Please read the TSP page carefully before you apply.
- Any information you send to the Travel Committee will be private.
- We want everybody there! Even if you think you would not qualify for the travel support, just submit and make it worth! If you don’t try you won’t get!
- If you submitted an abstract to be presented you should mention it in your application.
- The Travel Committee can reimburse up to 80% of travel and/or lodging costs. That includes hotel, hostel, plane,train, bus, even gas for those willing to drive. Remember, no taxi!
- Important: Food and all local expenses are on you!
- We want to sponsor as many people as possible so please check the best deal.
- The Travel Committee won’t be able to book or pay anything in advance. The reimbursement will be done after the event finishes and based on your expenses receipts.
- no receipts = no money It is the rule!
If you have any question regarding your trip to the conference do not hesitate to ask the TSP or oSC15 organizers.
We hope to see you there!
Both comments and pings are currently closed.