Today, we will start a logo competition for openSUSE.Asia Summit 2018, which is going to be held in Taipei, Taiwan. A logo is an essential material for the successful summit. As you have seen, the former openSUSE.Asia summits have their unique logos reflecting the communities where the summit took place. Following tradition, we have logo competition to collect great logo for this year’s summit.
The competition is open now and ends on 30 June 2018. The organizing team will send “Geeko Mystery Box” as an appreciation for the best logo designed.
Deadline: 30 June 2018 UTC 13:00
Review Design: 1 – 2 July 2018
Voting period: 3 – 10 July 2018
Announcement Winner: 11 July 2018
The Rules of the Contest are as follows:
- The logo should be licensed under CC-BY-SA 4.0 and allow everyone to use the logo without attribution (BY) if your work is used as the logo of openSUSE.Asia Summit 2018. Note that the attribution is going to be shown on the summit website.
- Design must be original and should not include any third party materials conflicting with CC-BY-SA 4.0 with the attribution exception.
- Both monochromes and color formats are essential for submission.
- Submissions must be in SVG format.
- Design should reflect the openSUSE community in Asia.
- The logo should avoid the following things:
- Brand names or trademarks of any kind.
- Illustrations that may consider inappropriate, offensive, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- Sexually explicit or provocative images.
- Violence or weapons.
- Alcohol, tobacco, or drug use imagery.
- Discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against groups or individuals
- Religious, political, or nationalist imagery.
- The logo should follow “openSUSE Project Trademark Guidelines” published at https://en.opensuse.org/File:OpenSUSE_Trademark_Guidelines.pdf
- The branding guidelines will be helpful to design your logo (optional)
Please submit your design to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following entries: (more…)