M5 was marked by significant contributions from both the openSUSE Community, and the larger Linux community. Â We’ve added some interesting new packages, made some updates to core processes, andÂ participatedÂ in a coordinated multi-distribution upgrade of a major multimedia component. Â Over 50 bugs were fixed and 8 new features were implemented.
Warning: The media cannot be installed on 64-bit x86-64 systems due toÂ Bug #595545.Â Also if you update with zypper dup to current factory, wait until the next rebuild is finished, for details see Bug #595545.
- Update to Perl 5.12 (release notes)
- Update to parted 2.2; M5 has a complete toolkit for supporting 4K phyisical sector disks. (openSUSE-factory list)
- KMS integration for Intel and Nvidia (via nouveau driver) graphics, and the ability to disable it. (bugzilla 591400)
- Update to PackageKit 0.6.2, requiring revisions to KPackageKit (openSUSE-factory list)
- Added librcd and librcc, which provide on-the-fly language translation/detection, from the RusXMMS project. (openSUSE-factory list)
- Added xdiskusage, a visual disk-space analyzer. (openSUSE-factory list)
- A bug in OpenOffice.org that caused crashes when copying spreadsheet cells has been resolved. (bugzilla 588957)
- Access to the official SUSE manuals has been improved. (bugzilla 586682)
- Documentation has been corrected for the smbfs to cifs changes. (bugzilla 561993, bugzilla 578621)
- The installation slideshow now talks about version 11.3 instead of 11.2. (bugzilla 588396)
- LithuanianÂ keyboard layout added. (bugzilla 569554)
- Encrypted swap volumes no longer need to be formatted during install; YaST will prompt for LUKS volume passwords. (bugzilla 581341)
- A locking issue with reiserfs has been resolved and no longer prevents installs. (bugzilla 591807)
- An M4 annoyance with udev init scripts has been fixed. (bugzilla 592445) (more…)