The openSUSE Travel Support Team is happy to announce that they are ready to process applications to sponsor openSUSE people to attend openSUSE Conference. The Conference will be held in Prague, Czech Republic – October 20-23, 2012.
The Travel Committee can reimburses up to 80% of travel costs and lodging costs such as plane ticket, train ticket, bus ticket, hotel and hostel. Expenses with Visa, documentation, food, extras are up to the requester, The Travel Team won’t be able to cover since is looking for sponsor as many people as possible.
The instructions are detailed at http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Travel_Support_ProgramÂ
Please read carefully and send the request to travel-support(at)opensuse(dot)org
Important !!! The Sponsorship Request period for openSUSE Conference starts on August 10 ending August 20, 2012. Responses will be given before August 30, 2012.
Some additional comments:
* A clear and complete application is faster and easier to process.
* The Travel Team won’t be able to book or pay in advance for any requester.
* We cannot fulfill all requests, keep in mind that there is no guarantee you will get sponsored.
* Sponsorship decisions are influenced by the history of the requester, like having followed the requirement of writing a report about a conference you attended with sponsorship or having send in the required paperwork in time.
* Your involvement with openSUSE is pretty relevant.
* If you were part of Google Summer of Code as openSUSE student or mentor you should mention it in your application.
* If you submitted an abstract to be presented at openSUSE Conference you shouldÂ mention it in your application.
* It’s important you tell us which airport you will be departing from.
*Â Try to get the best fares for tickets and lodging. Remember you still have to pay at least 20% yourself and the committee will verify the amount requested looking for the best offers on public website (E.g. KAYAK, Expedia, e-Dreams,…).
The Travel Team sends a reply upon receiving your application. We will then wait for all applicants to send in their requests for the event and only once we have a full overview, responses will be given. Please do not send personal emails, always CC the travel-support team in your replies.
Hope to see you in Prague!
Both comments and pings are currently closed.