Today, we will start a logo competition for openSUSE.Asia Summit 2017, which is going to be held in Tokyo, Japan. A logo is an essential material for the successful summit. As you have seen, the former openSUSE.Asia summits logos reflect the communities where the summit took place. Following tradition, we will have logo competition to collect great logos for this year’s summit.
The competition is open now and ends on August 14. The organizing team will send a “Geeko Mystery Box” as an appreciation for the best logo design.
Deadline: Monday, August 14
The Rules of the Contest are as follows:
- The logo should be licensed under CC-BY-SA 4.0 and allow everyone to use the logo without attribution (BY) if your work is used as the logo of openSUSE.Asia Summit 2017. Note that the attribution is going to be shown on the summit website.
- Design should be original and not copied.
- Both monochromes and color formats are essential for submission.
- Submissions must be in SVG format.
- Design should reflect the openSUSE community in Asia.
- The logo should avoid the following things:
- Brand names or trademarks of any kind.
- Illustrations that may consider inappropriate, offensive, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- Sexually explicit or provocative images.
- Violence or weapons.
- Alcohol, tobacco, or drug use imagery.
- Discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against groups or individuals
- Religious, political, or nationalist imagery.
- The logo should follow “openSUSE Project Trademark Guidelines” published at https://en.opensuse.org/File:OpenSUSE_Trademark_Guidelines.pdf
- The branding guidelines will be helpful to design your logo (optional)
Please submit your design to email@example.com with the following entries:
- Vector file of the design with SVG format ONLY.
- Bitmap of design in attachment — image size: 256*256 px at least, PNG format.
- Less than 512 KB.
- Your name and mail address to contact
The openSUSE.Asia Summit Committee will decide on the logos, subject to the condition, that the logo meets all the requirements. The final decision will be made by the openSUSE.Asia Summit Committee and it may not be the highest scored design.
We recommend the artist to use Inkscape, a powerful, free and open source vector graphics tool for all kinds of design.
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.