openSUSE.Asia Online Summit 2021 Logo Competition
It’s a rationally acknowledged fact that openSUSE has a reputation for community-driven projects. Buckle up, here’s your chance to contribute to this community event! Since the inception of openSUSE.Asia summits, logos have perfectly illustrated the organizing country. Following the suit, a logo-designing competition has been organized for openSUSE.Asia Summit 2021, India.
The organizing team will send “Geeko Mystery Box” as a token of appreciation for the best logo design, voted on by the openSUSE Asia committee.
Deadline:26 June 2021 UTC 13:00
Winner Declaration:26 July 2021 UTC 13:00
The Rules of the contest are as follows:
- The logo should be licensed under CC-BY-SA 4.0 and allow everyone to use the logo without attribution (BY) if your work is used as the logo for openSUSE.Asia Summit 2021.Note that the attribution will be exhibited on the summit website.
- Any reproduced Design will be disqualified. Furthermore, It must not include any third-party materials.
- Both monochromes and color formats are essential for submission.
- Submissions must be in SVG format.
- Design should demonstrate the openSUSE community in Asia.
- The following must not form a part of the logo:
- Brand names or trademarks of any kind.
- Offensive, inappropriate, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous, or libelous.
- Sexually explicit or provocative images.
- Violence or weapons.
- Alcohol, tobacco, or drug use imagery.
- Discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against groups or individuals
- Religious, political, or nationalist imagery.
- The logo should follow “openSUSE Project Trademark Guidelines” published at https://en.opensuse.org/File:openSUSE_Trademark_Guidelines.pdf
- The branding guidelines will be helpful to design your logo (optional) https://opensuse.github.io/branding-guidelines/
Please submit your entries at email@example.com with the following details:
- Subject: openSUSE.Asia Summit 2021 Logo Design - [your name]
- Your name and e-mail address
- A document elucidating the idea/motivation/perspective behind the design (txt or pdf)
- Vector file of the design with SVG format ONLY.
- Bitmap of design in the attachment — image size: 256 * 256 px at least, PNG format.
- File size: less than 512 KB.
The openSUSE.Asia Summit Committee reserves the right to disqualify any entry infringing the basic requirements. We recommend the artists to use Inkscape, a powerful, free, and open source vector graphics tool for all kinds of design.