The time has arrived for people to begin submitting talks for openSUSE Conference 2024.
This year’s conference theme is: Evaluating the Future: Where Are We Going?
The theme sets the stage for exploring the evolving landscape of technology and open-source innovation. We invite those people submitting a talk for this year’s conference to delve into talks that will inspire thought-provoking discussions, analyses and predictions about the future trajectory of open-source development, emerging technologies, the openSUSE project and more.
Until April 15, people can submit proposals for a talk or workshop to share insights and their expertise.
The conference is scheduled to take place June 27 to 29 in Nuremberg, Germany.
Presentations can be submitted for the following length of time:
- Lightning Talk (10 mins)
- Virtual Lightning Talk (10 mins)
- Short Talk (30 mins)
- Virtual Talk (30 mins)
- Long Talk (45 mins)
- Workshop (1 hour)
The following tracks are listed for the conference:
- Cloud and Containers
- Embedded Systems and Edge Computing
- New Technologies
- Open Source
Speakers are encouraged to submit proposals that align with this year’s theme.
Topics under this theme might include:
- Futuristic Trends: Predictions and insights into upcoming technological trends shaping open-source landscapes.
- Ethical Tech: Discussions on the ethical implications of technological advancements and how open-source communities can navigate them.
- Innovation and Disruption: Exploring how innovation drives disruptions and reshapes industries within the open-source ecosystem.
- Sustainability and Accessibility: Evaluating how open-source technologies contribute to sustainable and accessible solutions for the future.
- Emerging Challenges: Addressing challenges and obstacles that might hinder the progress of open-source development in the coming years.
- Collaborative Futures: Assessing the role of collaboration and community-driven efforts in shaping the future of open-source projects.
Conferences need sponsors to support community driven events to keep events free and open to new contributing members and companies can find sponsorship information on the project’s wiki page.