The openSUSE Conference in Nuremberg, Germany, at the end of June may feel like a long time away, but if you are planning to oSC24, there are topics that need action now before timelines become too short.
Getting a visa may take some time. There are certain requirements necessary to receive a visa for those who are not citizens of a Schengen country. You may need a formal invitation letter that fully explains the nature of your visit.
An overview of visa requirements/exemptions for entry into the Federal Republic of Germany can be found at the Federal Foreign Office website. You must apply for a Schengen visa through the German embassy or consulate in your country.
If you plan to attend the conference and are coming from a country where you will need a formal invitation letter, email ddemaio(at)opensuse.org with the email subject “oSC24 Visa”.
Also important to consider is the Travel Support Program. People who want to use the TSP for this year’s openSUSE Conference must read the How to Apply section and follow the appropriate steps. The TSP is now being done by the Geeko Foundation, so be aware that some new procedures and certain limitations apply. Read the info on the wiki and use tsp.opensuse.org to apply. Requests will be accepted until May 10. The TSP is a helpful way to get people in the community to attend the conference. Funding is limited, but help to support the community’s attendance.
Here are a few reminders regarding the TSP:
- Please read the TSP policy page carefully before you apply.
- The TSP can reimburse up to 80% of travel and/or lodging costs. That includes hotel, hostel, plane, train, bus
- Important: Food and all local expenses are on you!
- We want to sponsor as many people as possible so please check the best deal.
- No receipts = no money. It is the rule! (Original receipts are required from German residences.)
The call for papers is open until April 15. Submit a talk today.
Presentations can be submitted for the following length of time:
- Lightning Talk (15 mins)
- Virtual Lightning Talk (15 mins)
- Short Talk (30 mins)
- Virtual Talk (30 mins)
- Long Talk (45 mins)
- Workshop (1 hour)
- Open 4 Business (15 mins)
The following tracks are listed for the conference:
- Cloud and Containers
- Embedded Systems and Edge Computing
- New Technologies
- Open Source
- Open 4 Business