Preparations for the openSUSE.Asia Summit is rolling. Following tradition, we are back with the logo contest. We are looking for a logo reflecting openSUSE and its community in Asia. The contest is open now and ends on 3 August 2016. “Geeko Mystery Box” will be sent as an appreciation for the best logo designed.
The Rules of the Contest are as follows:
- Design should be original and not copied.
- Both monochromes and color formats are essential for submission.
- Submissions must be in SVG format.
- Design should reflect the openSUSE community in Asia.
- The logo should avoid the following things:
- Brand names or trademarks of any kind.
- Illustrations that may consider inappropriate, offensive, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- Sexually explicit or provocative images.
- Violence or weapons.
- Alcohol, tobacco, or drug use imagery.
- Discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against groups or individuals
- Religious, political, or nationalist imagery.
- The logo should follow “openSUSE Project Trademark Guidelines” published at https://en.opensuse.org/File:OpenSUSE_Trademark_Guidelines.pdf
- The logo should be licensed under CC-BY-SA 3.0.
Please send your design to email@example.com with the following entries:
Vector file of the design in attachment, with SVG format ONLY.
Bitmap of design in attachment – image size: 256*256px at least. Format: png or jpg. Less than 512KB.
Where are you working/studying now? (optional)
Your phone number. (optional)
The openSUSE.Asia Summit Committee will decide on the logos, subject to the condition, that the logo meets all the requirements. The final decision will be made by openSUSE.Asia Summit Committee and it may not be the highest scored design. We recommend the artist to use Inkscape, a powerful, free and open source vector graphics tool for all kinds of design.